Open Space for various organisations.
An Open Space Workshop brings together large numbers of people from various backgrounds in a very concrete way. Initially, the way the groups are arranged is determined by chance, but eventually one decides oneself where and what you are going to do when and with whom. This way visions, ideas, plans and experiences of all kinds are shared from various cultures and points of view.
Open Space Technology offers a large number of advantages for various organisations, namely:
- For a limited time and in a creative way, it focuses everyone's attention on a subject or moment that is important to the organisation or group.
- It brings into the picture common interests and concerns that do not receive sufficient attention or no attention at all in the daily routine.
- It offers everyone the opportunity to quit activities that no longer hold their interest in order to find a more inspiring situation or create one themselves.
- It is an excellent equalizer, because it invites a wide variety of participants to bring up what matters to them, both individually and in smaller or larger groups.
- It generates new points of view, creates innovative solutions and clears the way for future actions.
- It offers individuals the opportunity to manifest themselves in a different way from what they are used to. Masks are removed and traditional working relations are sidelined for a brief moment.
- Language barriers are broken with ease; for this reason, Open Space Workshops lend themselves perfectly for breaking the ice in multinational meetings in which participants have to get familiar with one another